Belshazzar the king made a great feast for a thousand of his lords, and drank wine in the presence of the thousand. 2 While he tasted the wine, Belshazzar gave the command to bring the gold and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken from the temple which had been in Jerusalem, that the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines might drink from them. 3 Then they brought the gold vessels that had been taken from the temple of the house of God which had been in Jerusalem; and the king and his lords, his wives, and his concubines drank from them. 4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold and silver, bronze and iron, wood and stone.
INTRODUCTION: Satanís ultimate aim everyday is to mess around with Godís people . And the mess of the enemy is a diversionary strategy to pull men away from Godís eternal purpose, waste their destiny and finally destroy them in hell.
From the text of our devotional today, we notice how Belshazzar called for the vessels of silver and gold which his father brought from the temple in Jerusalem to feast with them.
MEDITATE ON THIS: (1) He sent for vessels of silver and gold not vessels of bronze. Think of it; silver speaks of redemption and gold speaks of divinity-the nature of God. So by implication you notice that Satan is after the redeemed children of God who are striving to conform to the image of the Master. He least gets concerned with the vessels of bronze those ones are already doomed in his camp.
(2) Belshazzar couldnít have had access to these vessels if they were still in the temple at Jerusalem. So, as long as a man remains in the presence of God (I donít mean church hall) the enemy is handicapped in his attempts to use him for a feast.
(3) It was the Jewsí compromise and disobedience to Godís word that gave Nebuchadnezzar access to the vessels in the temple.
(4) We are the temple of the God and the enemy aims at the treasures of our destiny .Those things heaven deposited in us for our excellence.
Prayer points: (1) Ask God to disband every feast and their organizers aimed at using you as a drinking vessel. Oh! Lord scatter them in the name of Jesus.
(2) Oh! Lord, deliver me from the errors of my fathers that made them prey in the camp of the enemy. (Pray this again and again)
(3) My God and my Father shut down the gates and high ways of Satanic invasion into my spiritual treasury; cut off the invaders who seek to waste my spiritual treasures.
(4) Pray for the deliverance of other Christians who have been so trapped.
Posted by Pastor Thompson Iheanyichukwu